Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Update: My Writing and Photography Worlds Collide


I have been doing these writing challenges with a close friend of mine. The other day, one of the questions was to pick a single word that describes your personality - and tell why you picked that word.

A single word swirled around in my mind - DETERMINED.

I think that describes me pretty well in all aspects of my life. Honestly, I don't like being told I can't accomplish something I want to because of my age, inexperience or sex - and that has always driven me. I want to learn - I want to grow. And whether it's successfully moving out on my own when I was younger, befriending a certain difficult family member, starting a photography business, writing a novel or moving up in the purchasing/contracting world - I want to prove to myself I can do it.

So when this certain idea popped into my head about a year(ish) ago, I have been determined to get it going. This year I have taken steps to move this new project forward.  What project you ask?

This fall I’ll be debuting a brand new website and blog, which I’m totally stoked about! I’m merging my two brands – photography (SPP) and writing (SPR) – into one fantastical brand. I just got a new logo created by the fabulously talented, Ashley Ruggirello.

How often do you tell someone hey, please mix my writing and my photography into one logo – oh and hey I really like peacocks – and you get this out of it:
Isn’t it just beautiful!? (I really recommend hiring her!) You will be seeing this logo on all my stuff starting this fall.

If you follow my writing posts, you are probably familiar with my first novel The Halves of Us (part I of a trilogy), but I have some other amazing projects. There will be more information about those on my new site, but I thought I would tease you a little bit here. I will be looking for some beta readers soon, so if you are interested please email me at sydneypaigerichardson@gmail.com.

Here are some brief summaries/pitches I have been working on for my WIPs (work in progresses):

The Chains that Bind – YA/FANTASY
16 year-old Kit escapes her angry, drunk father by making a wish – only to find herself thrust into a magical world at war, populated by Jinn – and her true identity is at the center of it all.

The Girl from Below – YA/FANTASY
Averie has always lived thousands of miles below the surface of her home planet. Until something rare is found in her blood, and she is torn away from her family only to end up hunted by the government.  

Out of Reach – NA/SCI-FI
Emma’s past, present and future collide when three strangers appear on her doorstep, trying to convince her they are from the future where she has been kidnapped in the middle of an art heist.

DreamLand Park – NA/SCI-FI
DreamLand Park allows those who have terminal illness to be put to rest in a blissful sleep until their demise – with one catch: your dreams are on display for the world to see. But what happens after the client’s die, and the machine is still recording?


I can't wait to share more about these projects and some conceptual photos I did centered around my book currently out on submission to publishers/editors, The Halves of Us. Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment